$10,000 Emergency Cash Grants for Small Businesses
In addition to the Commonwealth Government’s economic stimulus actions, the State Government has announced a one-off cash grant of $10,000 to small businesses and not-for-profits who employ people in South Australia. A small business entity is an entity with an aggregated turnover of less than $10 million.
To be eligible, businesses and not-for-profits including eligible sporting and community organisations will need to:
- Have an Australia Business Number (ABN) and were carrying on the operation of a business in South Australia as at 1 March 2020.
- Employ people in South Australia as at 1 March 2020.
- Have an annual turnover of more than $75,000 (excluding GST)
- Have total Australian payroll of less than $1.5 million, and not be entitled to a payroll tax waiver under COVID-19 support measures introduced by the South Australian Government.
- Have been subject to closure or highly adversely impacted by COVID-19 related restrictions.
- The enterprise does not engage in illegal activity.
- The business has received any South Australian Government grants provided to address COVID-19 related business impacts, the value of these payment(s) will be deducted from the $10,000 grant.
- The business is part of a group of companies that is registered for payroll tax and will receive the payroll tax waiver, the business is ineligible for this grant.
The State Government assess whether a business has been highly adversely impacted by COVID-19 restrictions in line with the Commonwealth Governments eligibility tests for the JobKeeper payments. Broadly an employer would be eligible for JobKeeper where their business has experienced a 30% fall in turnover when compared to a comparative period.
If your business has had to let go of staff after 1 March 2020 as a result of closure or being highly impacted by shutdown restrictions, subject to meeting the other eligibility criteria you will be eligible to apply for this grant. Likewise if your total taxable Australian payroll was over $1.5 million in 2018-19 but is now expected to be below $1.5 million in 2019-20 due to impacts from the COVID pandemic, you will be eligible for this grant.
Please review the following link for further information and answers to some frequently asked questions.